When traveling across the US, do not miss a chance to visit the Byron town, which received its name after its founder. The group of Mormon pioneers founded the town at the beginning of the 20th century. In comparison to other town and cities, Byron is considered as relatively young, and it is rather small. In 2010 there were only 593 people living in the town with 210 houses. Despite this fact, the town is popular among tourists, and for some good reasons.
Local people are very surprised at the amount of tourists visiting the town every year. Some of the locals are joking that in the future the town could become one of the main tourist attractions in Wyoming. In fact, there are different interesting locations to see:
- Museum on South Pryor Street. Museum located at South Pryor Street is a nice local museum dedicated to the history of the town. It is small, but it has gathered elements that create the unique atmosphere of the distant past. If you want to know more about the town and a little bit about the state, you are welcome to come to museum on South Pryor Street.
- Suburb Parks. Beautiful nature of Wyoming is one of the reasons to visit Byron and its suburbs. The town is located in the area, which is one of the best places to enjoy recreation in nature’s lap. This is the place where you can go camping, cycling, caving, canoeing, fishing, horseback riding and many other things.
- Haunted High School experience. If you are visiting the place around the Halloween time, and would love to feel adrenaline in your blood, feel free to join the Byron Haunted High School presentation. The haunting presentation usually takes place around October in the old local High School. The tours are not recommended for children and younger adolescents. The average group is around 4-6 people led by ghostly guides. The presentation is spooky and interesting at the same time.
- Local shops and markets. Local food is another thing a tourist should try. When being in Byron visit local markets and shops selling fresh and organic products. Small local cafes and restaurants cook meals with local ingredients, making the cuisine tasty and original at the same time.
- Festivals and holidays. If you want to see the life of local people and how they spend their free time, come to Byron during festivals or holidays. Despite the fact that the population of the town is small, people know how to enjoy life and have real fun. People living in Byron are friendly and very welcoming. They love when someone comes to share festive time with them. That means that you will not get bored.
Whenever you come to Byron, you will love it for sure. Take pictures, talk to local people and enjoy beautiful nature of Wyoming state.